Here we are!!! Half way there! Can you believe it?
Here's what's going on:
You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
Now doesn't that sound fun?
We went to the doctor's office today for our official 20 week appointment and Little Hoot
is measuring in at 14 ounces!!!
20 week Highlights:
- So glad to have made it half way!
- Still not finding out the gender (although we could have today!)
- Cravings-Still craving mexican food---salty things in general
- Belly Button---as Robert is watching this very closely---is still in, but surfacing!
- Sleep--still getting up 2 to 3 times a night to go to the bathroom
- Symptoms--pregnancy heartburn kicked in this week, but nothing tums can't handle!
- Best Moment this week---I think I finally felt a flutter that I finally believe is the baby!!! So exciting!
We have lots of pictures from todays appointment. Once we get them scanned in--we'll share them with you!
**This is Day 3 of NaBloPoMo**