I'm starting to feel large these days!!!
Here are our 22 week highlights:
According to Baby Center:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
I love reading these highlights as it gives me insight into how to pray specifically each week for our little hoot. For example--upon reading this update where it tells me that it's tooth buds are developing I am praying specifically for this. I had HORRIBLE teeth (think an average set of teeth for a small mouth--I had almost all my baby teeth pulled, had 4 permanent teeth pulled just so I could have room for the teeth I have now, had 4 wisdom teeth removed that were sideways and impacted. Braces--not once, but twice plus headgear plus a little surgery to remove the piece of skin that connects the lip to the gums--and I'm sure there's a technical word for that little piece of skin. End result: A beautiful set of teeth that I thank my parents for investing in!)
All that to say--I'm praying for Little Hoot's tooth buds that are forming RIGHT NOW! Just because I had horrible teeth does not mean I have to accept Little Hoot will. The Word says you have not because you ask not--so I'm asking!
Here are my 22 week highlights:
- Cravings: Still mexican food--but I only had it once during week 22!
- Belly Button: Pretty much surface level, but Robert says not quite an outie (is that the correct word/spelling?) I can make it stick out--especially if I laugh and if you know my husband--I do that often.
- Sleep: Officially became rough for me during this week. I was waking up often and not able to fall back asleep. My back also started killing me during the night which made it even more difficult to get comfortable for a good nights rest.
- Symptoms: Sore back and taking tums nightly now.
- Movement: If you haven't read this blog yet...you need to stop right now and do so! We had the most incredible experience with Little Hoot on Sunday (which technically was 23 weeks and 2 days pregnant...but it was too good not to go ahead and share!)
- Little Hoot got to spend a day in Savannah with his/her cousin, aunt and uncle, and grandparents--- and have a family photo shoot. He/she all in one day got to enjoy homemade pumpkin pancakes, homemade bbq and brunswick stew along with homemade pumpkin cake. YUM-O!
- Best moment of the week: Seeing family and friends (click here and here for those updates and then experiencing Sunday with our Little Hoot.
One last picture for you on this 22 week update....my dear friend Katie let me borrow her maternity sleeper pillow due to my back pain and trouble sleeping. Her husbands advice to me was, "Let Robert put on the pillow case because it is a pain." (Not to mention this pillow is taller than me!) So Robert did the job and I wish I had this on video, but instead it's just a picture....but insert "Pillow-you will not win" being said over and over again.
That's all for our 22 week highlights! We're getting so so excited and loving this season the Lord has us in!
And did you know...there's a ONE DAY SALE going on at our etsy shop. It's for Wednesday, November 17th--but we started it just a few hours early--so it's going on NOW. It will end Thursday, November 18th at midnight. ALL items are 10% off and the price listed represents the savings. I like randomness....don't you? :)
**This is Day 16 of NaBloPoMo**