Here we are at 23 weeks. Actually we've been here for a few days now--just a little slow getting this post up this week. My apologies!
Here's what Baby Center has to say this week:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
And our 23 week highlights:
- Cravings--really anything salty but nothing that I just have to have.
- Belly Button-top part is out making it look like I have an outie--but hubs said it's not a real outie yet!
- Sleep--loving the borrowed snoozer pillow. Had a couple of nights where I actually got a good night's rest!
- Symptoms--nose bleeds here and there. I think thats normal? And SWOLLEN fingers! Had to officially get a pregnancy wedding band to hold me over for a few months!
- Movement--Little Hoot loves to move each morning around the same time. Such a comfort! I am so in love with this little one!
- Little Hoot got to travel to Perry and spend the day with his/her McGrandparents. Little Hoot got to be a part of Amanda and Kyle's wedding celebration!
- Best moment of the week: Hubs looking at me and saying, "I'm really ready for our baby to be here." Yes I melted in that moment! :) Oh, and second best moment: Robert decided to lay his head on my stomach and say hello to Little Hoot---and Little Hoot thumped him right in the temple. It was quite a hilarious moment!
**This is Day 24 of NaBloPoMo**