We're 24 weeks (and a few days, but who's counting)! I can not believe how fast this is flying by!! Getting really, really excited about meeting Little Hoot.
Here's our Little Hoot according to Baby Center:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
And here are our highlights during the 24th week:
- Cravings-nothing really significant. Just cleaning my plate when I sit down to eat (which means Robert is actually losing weight during this pregnancy).
- Belly Button-Robert says I have a 95% outie (you'll have to talk to him to figure out how he did his calculations :)
- Sleep-much better thanks to the snoozer! Even slept 7 straight hours one night this past week!
- Symptoms-a little swollen. Mom bought me two new pairs of shoes while we were home for Thanksgiving which were much needed!
- Movement-lots! Little Hoot is moving much much more, which is really exciting!
- Other 24 week highlights:
- Little Hoot had it's first Thanksgiving--and it was in Richmond Hill. Little Hoot LOVES my mama's cheese appetizer. Man, I could go for some of that about right now!
- We had one eventful night during our 24th week---going to post about that sometime after tomorrow.
- Loved spending time in Savannah and taking Little Hoot to our favorite places!
- Enjoyed time with family and friends
- Best moment of the week: Went shopping with my mom and sis and we bought our nursery bedding! So excited to see Little Hoot in his/her new room (but will be patient and wait!)! So grateful for my sister and brother-in-law that gave us this beautiful gift.
We go to the doctor tomorrow for our monthly appointment and McMom is coming up for the visit! We'll let you know how that goes!
**This is Day 30 of NaBloPoMo**