According to Baby Center:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.
26 week highlights:
- Cravings: Still nothing specific--haven't even had mexican food since the weekend of Thanksgiving!
- Belly Button-The Robert report is 96% outie. That last little part is just a holding out (or is it in?)
- Sleep-have had a couple of great nights of sleep--don't know if I'm just really, really tired or things have shifted, but I've had a few nights where I've slept 7 hours. Praise Jesus.
- Symptoms-energy level is starting to decrease--don't know if it's just a busy season and I just can't do what I use to be able to do--or I'm approaching the end of my 2nd trimester, regardless, I'm exhausted by the end of the night and just having to live with the reality that I just can't do everything.
- Movement-Love my Little Hoot and this special time we have together. Love, love, love watching him/her move--which we can now do thanks to kicks and punches being visible!
- Other 26 week highlights:
- Had my very first gray hair. Can I blame this on the pregnancy?
- Little Hoot got to go to another wedding and be a part of a great evening of a very special couple. I had the honor of praying for the couple after their first dance and as Robert prayed for me ahead of time he asked that Little Hoot would be directly affected by the prayers I prayed--asking the Lord for blessings over their marriage--oh, can you even imagine that Jesus already knows who Little Hoot will marry one day!!
- Best Moment of the Week: (other than being a part of the wedding mentioned above)...Dreaming about Little Hoot and wondering if he/she will be a well a he or a she...have hair....dark hair or light....Oh, I just can't wait! The house is all decorated for Christmas and we can't stop talking about Little Hoot being a part of our lives for Christmas 2011. So looking forward to creating many family memories and having our own McLendon traditions!
And....so excited to read in our "Your Pregnancy Week by Week book" by Dr. Glade Curtis.... "Time is passing quickly. You are approaching the end of the second trimester. Two-thirds of the pregnancy is behind you; it won't be long until your baby is born."