According to BabyCenter:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
33 week highlights:
- Cravings-Nothing specific--feel as if my appetite has even gone down a little.
- Belly Button-Robert wouldn't give an official report this week. He said he couldn't because it just looks like a buck tooth. Lovely.
- Sleep-Not fun. But I have the most supportive husband in the world. He sits up with me when I wake up and he reads to me when I can't fall asleep.
- Symptoms-nothing new. Still feeling a slight bit of pressure, but I think that's here to stay till around March 19th.
- Movement-sweet as ever!
- Other 33 week highlights:
- Had our bimonthly doctors appointment. Everything is looking great and measuring right on target. Heart rate was at 138. That's significantly lower and in boy range if you believe the old wives tale. Doc said it's normal to fluctuate.
- My blood work was great--considering two weeks ago it was just okay and could be reason for concern. Thank you Jesus for fixing whatever that was.
- Best Moment of the week: Hearing Little Hoot's heartbeat and knowing everything is going great!
- Best Moment of the week #2: Hubs calling on his way home from work on Friday and asking me if I wanted to go on a picnic. It was beautiful and trying to soak in the time together and enjoy one another. Can't wait though till we can take Little Hoot on picnics! Maddie says she's okay with that as long as she still gets to go!