I can't believe we are already 36 weeks!!!
Here's what BabyCenter has to say for this week:
Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
Here are our highlights for the week:
- Cravings--still nothing specific, but got both of my staples of this pregnancy during this week--mexican and chick-fil-a :) (I actually think this is a staple in my life, not just during pregnancy!)
- Belly Button--I felt Little Hoot move and my belly button pop out, so I immediately asked Robert for his report--he gave it a 99.99% outie. The Kristin report says 100% (I'm hoping there is no way my belly button could get any bigger!)
- Sleep--I'm officially waking up about every 2 hours--good to know I'm being prepared ahead of time (but still praying for a baby that sleeps well!)
- Symptoms--nothing out of the ordinary (so every book or website I look at says!)--can tell my body is getting ready. I try not to complain and just rejoice that our Little Hoot will be here soon!
- The bump email this week explains how I feel perfectly (hopefully this isn't tmi):
Baby should soon descend into your pelvis, which will give your lungs a little room to breathe (literally). The bad news: This puts the brunt of baby's weight on your hips and pelvis, and will make them pretty sore. Add in your ever-loosening ligaments, and you may soon be taking on that oh-so-adorable pregnancy waddle.
- Movement: Sweet as ever!
- Other 36 week highlights:
- We've been hearing the owl outside our home a lot during this past week. Reminds me of God's faithfulness.
- Celebrated our last Valentines Day as a family of two!
- We began packing our bag for the hospital (Robert is packed....Little Hoot and I still need to get ourselves a little more organized!).
- Washed everything in the nursery to get ready for Little Hoot. What was once put together all came apart again and is now officially ready (did things like take the pretty bumpers off the crib that we won't use till later and wash all the sheets, etc.)! Washed all his/her's little clothes and have them hanging in the closet!!!!
- We attended our "Birthing Classes." Don't know if I'm now scared or ready, but either way I was grateful for this quality time I got with my hubs of us concentrating together on our soon to be arrival of our little one!
- Best Moment of the Week:
- Preparing everything and getting ready for the very soon arrival of our Little Hoot!
I apologize for the lack of blog posts as of late. All extra time has been spent having quality time with my husband and getting ready for Little Hoot's arrival (doing things like taking the pantry apart and putting it back together with room for the needs of our new addition!)
Since you've had a lack of our Whereabouts lately, here's a few more pictures. When our birthing class adjourned on Saturday, hubs and I headed to the Marietta Square for a walk. We stopped in at Miss Mamie's for a couple of cupcakes:
Then we spent some time at Antiques on the Square doing one of our favorite things---looking through the books!
Such a sweet weekend with my hubby! Have a great week!