We've made it!!! Never knew two words could mean so much....FULL TERM!!!!
According to Baby Center:
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
Here are our 37 week highlights:
- Cravings--holding steady with Mexican and Chick-fil-a!
- Belly Button--Robert Report--full outie. About time right?
- Sleep--not so great, but trying not to complain :)
- Symptoms--can tell we're getting ready for little hoot's big day--really excited and worth all the "symptoms."
- Movement--trying to not jump ahead and want delivery day to be here--instead, wanting to soak in this sweet time.
- Other 37 week highlights:
- McMom was here for a visit!
- Had a great week of celebrating Little Hoot with my girlfriends, both Friday night and Sunday.
- Here's a picture of Sunday (pictures are still coming from Friday!)
Also had a luncheon with my 8th grade girls on Sunday!
- Best Moment of the week: We had our last ultrasound of Little Hoot. He/she wasn't cooperating as he/she kept it's hand over it's face the whole time. Didn't give us many opportunities for a good photo, but still so sweet to see our little one!
- When we first started the ultrasound the heart rate was 149, by the end of it the heart rate was up to 162. He/she didn't like us poking that arm to get a photo of his/her face!
- As of Thursday when we were 36 weeks, 5 days Little Hoot was already 6lbs, 4ozs. We're 1cm dilated and 30% effaced. (Not sure if everyone wants that info, but there you go!)
Here's a picture of the soon-to-be daddy and I on the day of our latest doctor's appointment: